Go back to the main VW page.
This 1971 Westfalia has been sold
Sold to a happy camper in Florida
A 7.7 MB zip file of detailed photographs is available here:
12 May 2010: I added a supplemental 9.7 MB zip file of detailed photographs,
including the underside:
General notes on condition
- VIN: 2312257446. M-codes are in the zip archive.
- The bus has no running engine, but a box of engine parts (see below).
The previous owner bought the bus with the intention of fixing the
engine, but lost time and interest.
- Body has very little serious rust, limited to a spot just forward
of the left rear wheel well. Key parts, including rocker panels
wheel wells, jack points, front end, and crossmembers are fine.
Floors are all in good shape.
- Body damage is limited to the left rear corner, where a previous owner
has attempted a body filler repair.
- Nose has a deep tire mount on it, so that the spare can be mounted stem-out,
making it easy to add air, and possibly add a hubcap.
- Camper gear is is reasonably good shape, with a newly replaced canvas
in the poptop. The rear-facing seat is missing the backrest cushion.
- Since the engine is not running, the brakes and transmission have not
been evaluated. Same with speedometer, gas gauge, etc.
- Rear bumper is bent, front bumper is fine.
- Front seats have a reasonably well-done after market upholstery,
and are comfortable.
- Michelin XZX tires hold air, but are the wrong rating.
- Ignition switch was replaced with an aftermarket switch, which has
its own key. All the doors and the hatch operate from a single key, though.
- No radio. No battery.
- No repair records exist.
These are general photos of the exterior:
These are general photos of the interior:
The bus comes with a bunch of extra parts:
More photos are available in the zip archive (find link above).
last updated 17 May 2010